I started off sugary, sweet and very saturated, now that I have lost all those qualities I'm left with something which starts to look a little more like me. It's a never-ending process of change.
Stick around?

clooudylemonade@gmail.com

Monday, 8 April 2013

Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner

Hello!
Since I've ran out of my Mac Gel Liner (I mean it dried out) I was on the hunt for a drugstore dupe for this eye liner. I though why not give this Revlon one a shot?
Here's what I though!

Straight away I wasn't a fan of the brush that comes with it, it's quite thick and dense which makes creating a think line almost impossible. About the formulation itself I think it goes on very nicely, although in order to get a jet black line you need to apply it at least twice. In comparison to Mac's Gel Liner I think Mac is more pigmented and goes on more smoothly. Revlon Gel Liner was £9, Mac costs £14. Also in Mac you get much more product, but then again more product means it dries out quicker.
I don't think I'll be ever repurchasing Revlon's creme eye liner, not because it's a bad product, but simply because I could pay a couple of pounds more and get something better, much more pigmented and easier to apply.


My  final score would be 6 lemon points!
Great points:
Easy to apply,
Goes on smoothly,
Soft texture allows you to easily apply product over eyeshadow,
Stays put for a good whole day,
Doesn't flick off,
After it dries out it becomes nice and flexible so you don't feel like you have a lot of product on your eyelid.
=
Not so great points:
The brush isn't really convenient to use, it's too thick and dense,
Pigmentation isn't so satisfying, you need to apply it at least twice in order to achieve jet black line,
For a drugstore product I think it's overpriced,
It may smudge a little so I wouldn't recommend applying this under the lower lash line.

Okay! So here are my thoughts of this gel, eye liner!
Hope you've enjoyed this!

Love,
Cloud x

1 comment:

  1. hi cloud, it's @lucinstagram�� I really love your blog! I've been looking for a beauty blog to follow for ages and I think I might have just found my favourite�� looking forward to your next post�� love Lucinda x��

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog