I started off sugary, sweet and very saturated, now that I have lost all those qualities I'm left with something which starts to look a little more like me. It's a never-ending process of change.
Stick around?

clooudylemonade@gmail.com

Saturday, 4 May 2013

April'13 favourites!

As "bloody" if it's May already?! I still remember walking home with half-empty bottle of raspberry vodka (keeping it classy) from New-Years Eve Party. Well just to double check, it's definitely May which of course means I have a bunch of things I've been especially loving for the whole previous month of April!

Because it was super super nice and sunny (for most of the time) I decided to reflect this on the photographs.. Sun, grass and pretty colours! That's the theme everybody.
Oh by the way I've decided to split my favourites into 3 more organised sections; BEAUTY&NAILS, HAIR&SKIN CARE and everything that's left = RANDOM.

Let's start with BEAUTY&NAILS!
Dior Hydra Life BB Creme, oh how much I've been loving this words can't describe!
As I said it's been really sunny, and for some reason I love wearing this BB Creme when it's sunny. It has amazing SPF of 30, it's packed with vitamins and has the most gorgeous dewy finish you've ever seen along with very impressive coverage! Full review available here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/dior-hydra-life-bb-cream.html and now it's available in more shades! I have the first "universal" one and I totally love it. £41
http://www.boots.com/en/Dior-Hydralife-BB-Cream-50ml_1261428/


Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Shine Lip Color in Theodora, well that's a mouthful of a name.
Basically this is amazing; lip pencil, lipstick, lip balm and lip gloss all in one and it's so DAMN pigmented! Just a great all round product, unfortunately this is limited edition shade, but I would totally recommend checking the other colours, because the formulation of these is divine!
Full review is available here:http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/urban-decay-super-saturated-high-gloss.html £14
http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/urbandecay/g/supersaturatedhighglosslipcolor/

Too Faced Liquif Eye Shadow Transformer, wow that's I all can say. This little bottle of magic, might look innocent, but it certainly isn't! Colourful eyeliner has been very popular on catwalks recently, Donna Karan nailed her last collection choosing Magenta eyeliner. Well it might be quite expensive to purchase a whole bunch of colourful eyeliners (because you never know wat colour you might fancy), that's exactly when this Too Faced product kicks in. It looks like clear eyeliner and that's exactly what is is, with one difference you need to dip the applicator in your favourite eye shadow and then apply as you would normally do with an eyeliner. Effect? You end up with colourful eyeliner! Only thing you need to do is take a segment of kitchen towel and clean it afterwards so the colour doesn't transfer into the rest of the potion! I'll be sure to do a whole blogpost about this! £14 http://www.lookfantastic.com/too-faced-liquify-eye-shadow-transformer/10364022.html

Benefit Fake Up Under-Eye Concealer! If you've been "hanging around" you'll know that this has became my holy grail product within the space of hours! Doesn't crease, doesn't go all over the place, covers dark circles and it full of vitamins! I'm sold, Benefit ... you've got me here! £18.50
Read full review here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/benefit-fake-up.html
http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/fakeup

Essie Nail Varnish in Peach Daiquiri. Can you get any more exotic with the name?
This is a beautiful shade of coraly-pink with a warm hint of peach (I've uploaded a picture of me wearing this beautiful shade on my Instagram, be sure to take a look).
All in all, Essie are by far my favourite nail varnishes EVER! £7.99
Read full review here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/essie-nail-varnishes.html
http://www.superdrug.com/essie-nail-polish-peach-daiquiri/invt/437156

&

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Ultra Smooth Pressed Powder... Dauym Elizabeth, the name just says it all no description needed. I've had this powder for agesssssssss, I sort of went of it and then I suddenly became to love it again. I'm really pale and I have shade Medium, which I picked by random and I find because it's slightly dark for my skin tone it works great with Dior BB Creme. I really like this powder because of how nicely it goes on the skin, it also has some shimmer in it, which is invisible to a human eye yet it brightens the face. Full review coming up very soon! £25
http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Elizabeth+Arden+Flawless+Finish+Ultra+Smooth+Pressed+Powder/D119703,default,pd.html


HAIR& SKIN CARE!

PRO VOKE Toch of SILVER shampoo. If you've been following me on instagram/ reading my blog for at least a month you've noticed I had my hair heavily ombre'ed, so to keep the blond fresh and clean I had to start using Silver Shampoo. Silver Shampoo, is a shampoo that has violet pigment in it, which stops the blond/bleached hair from looking dull and horrible without affecting your natural hair.
This does amazing job, and I can see visible results! Full review coming up soon. £2.09 ?! That's probably the cheapest shampoo I've ever used and it's amazing.
http://www.boots.com/en/Touch-Of-Silver-Silver-Sensations-Shampoo-200ml_1047907/

Moroccan Light Oil Treatment. This has been raved about so much, so I though I'd get little bottle try it out and see what the fuss is about. To start of the little mini 25ml size is £13, priceyyyyyy. The full 100ml size however, is £30. Is this worth the money? HELL YES! I love this so so so so much, probably as much as watermelons (and that's a big statement for me to say). This doesn't just smell like heaven on Earth, it does wonders to your hair. Since I had my hair quite bleached I knew I needed some extra treatment to help my ends stay soft. I'll be sure to do a whole well deserved blog post for this!
http://www.lookfantastic.com/moroccanoil-light-treatment-100ml/10387667.html

TRESemme Heat Defence Styling Spray. This product has had a very positive (unexpected) effect on my hair, which I totally didn't expect. I've tried hell'of a lot of head defence sprays, but all of them seemed to be leaving my hair feeling very stiff and just unpleasant to touch. So I decided to give TRESemme a go (that's why I bought travel size). As I said the effect has really surprised me. I spray this generously on my dull hair then go to bed and style them in the morning using my curling tool in the result my hair feels nice, soft and most importantly I know I haven't damaged them. TRESemme gets big thumbs up! The travel size was £1.99 and the big bottle is £4.69
http://www.boots.com/en/TRESemme-Heat-Defence-Styling-Spray-300ml_14150/

&

Convita Firming Eye Gel with Manuka Honey for normal to oily skin. I have normal to dry skin, but this is working very well for me! I love how quickly it dries out, leaving my under-eye area feeling fresh. It visibly reduces the puffiness and has an amazing cooling effect. I also often take ice cube and rub it under my eyes in the morning to get rid of the puffiness, this product does even better job! Because it's a natural product and the company has very strict policies about the purity of the ingredients they use, I feel like I'm putting good stuff on my eyes. Even better it has honey in it, which is all around great beauty ingredient!
Great product, definitely worth trying out & investing in!
http://www.comvita.co.uk/beauty/normal-oily/BeautyProductTypes$normal-oily-moisturise-protect/firming-eye-gel.html

Here we are, we finally arrived to the last section of my monthly favourites! RANDOM
Well start with my usual book recommendation of the month!

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. I've read this book a multiple times in few lingual versions, and it doesn't stop to amaze me every time I'm reading it. This book is full of magic, love, passion and music.
With all my heart I believe Phantom of the Opera really existed. Every time I read the last words of the book tears seems to be coming out of my eyes without my control, because I'm so sad this journey has finished.. then I open the first page and start again. I have two favourite books ever, this is one of them.

&

Lacoste Sunglasses. I have no idea what model are they, this was a present from my mum and she did take care of hiding the price tag, which I found out anyway. I've been wearing these so MUCH! I love this shape of sunglasses. They obviously had to be featured in my favourites. I'm sure they were between £80-100, I know I keep giving you a different price, I done even remember myself. Check your local Selfridge's!


And that's it for April! Enjoy the month of May,

Love, Cloud x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog