I started off sugary, sweet and very saturated, now that I have lost all those qualities I'm left with something which starts to look a little more like me. It's a never-ending process of change.
Stick around?

clooudylemonade@gmail.com

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

May'13 Favourites

It's June already, that's right Summer is just around the corner! Of course new month means a round up of all of the products I've enjoyed more than I though I would for the past month of May, so let's begin with MAKEUP!

Surprisingly May has been a month of reaching for old forgotten products rather than trying out new things, which of course is still one of my favourite activities... EVER.

Onto the products:
 This Works, Shimmer Balm. £10 (limited winter edition)
I bought this little innocent tube of magnificence quite a while back, and back then I did not appreciate what it can do! Because it's been quite hot lately I have been reaching for cream products very often, this being a cream highlighter came in very handy giving me this fresh, wet almost look on the highpoints of my face!
Unfortunately the silver version is limited edition, but there is a gold sister of this highlighter, which would look so beautiful on tanned skin or ladies of colour, you can find it here: http://www.thisworks.com/mobile/shimmer-balm.html
Also read a full review I did just on this product here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/thisworks-shimmer-balm.html
 Mary Kay, NouriShine Lip Gloss. £9 (Pink Sateen)
I've never before tried any of the Mary Kay product, but this has made a great first impression! Usually I'm not that into lip glosses, they always seem to be too sticky and too difficult to wear. This lip gloss however is 100% stress-free, soft and creamy texture made this product very convenient to use for someone as fussy as myself. Not to add the great colour, which I loved pairing up with a nude lipstick, which I'll get to later on.
http://www.marykay.co.uk/products/makeup/lips/new_nourishine_plus_lip_gloss/pink_sateen
 Urban Decay, 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil. £14 (Rockstar)
I personally don't think in this whole wide world exist a better eye pencil than the one Urban Decay makes.
The reason I'm including this particular eye pencil in this listing isn't because of the great formula, it's purely the shade! Deep aubergine, almost black made a great substitute for a usual timeless black.
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123932962099_-1
 Barry M, Dazzle Dust. £4.59 (31, Lavender)
Last month I loved experimenting with layering different products and textures on my eyelids, Dazzle Dust in 31, lavender being a gorgeous pearly lavender colour made a great pair to my aubergine eye pencil I've mentioned previously. Also being great on it's own, or as a base shade to start building up from.
http://www.barrym.com/products/eyes/shadows/dazzle-dust.html
 Guerlain, Guerlain Terracotta Pearly Sun Powder (Africa Rythm)
This little gem, has been in my makeup collection for so many years. my memory struggles to recall any information of me purchasing this to start off with. Google has nothing to say either, basically this is impossible to get hold of, however I just couldn't not include this powder in my favourites. Great red almost undertone, with rich warm shimmer, which I found great to contour with or just as a finishing powder for that a little more tanned look. In my case being a ghostly white person, I had to be very, very light handed with this full of pigment powder. I highly recommend checking out other Guerlain Terracotta powders, you won't be disappointed!
 Revlon, PhotoReady Concealer, £6.49 (Light, Medium)
This was a such a random purchase for me, I went to Boots to buy something and ended up walking out with a concealer I've never heard about and most certainly did not need. I was in for a positive surprise! Oil-free formula, and SPF 20 was enough to convince me to buy this. Yet the product itself didn't just do a great job for my under eye circles, it was also fabulous to cover up any blemishes. Be sure to watch out for a full review on this product!
http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-PhotoReady-Concealer_1208678/
 Mac, Paint Pot. £14.50 (Éclair)
If you've been around for a little while you might know, that I have popped up to Mac to check out their Baker's collection http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/mac-paintpots.html, and of course I haven't left empty-handed. Éclair is such a great, universal and easy shade, it goes with everything and it stays put. What else to ask for on a busy day! If you're in the market for a great all around brown eye shadow, make sure to get your hands on it whilst you can!
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/10905/1573/New-Collections/baking-beauties/Eyes/Paint-Pot/index.tmpl
 Philosophy, Divine Creamy Eye Colour Eyeshadow (Candlelight)
As I've mentioned early I have been reaching for forgotten products, and rediscovering my love for them, one of those products was a creamy eyeshadow by Philosophy. Great smoky metallic shade, is amazing for a light grungy look or just as a base. It's such a shame this product has been discontinued.
Read more here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/philosophy-colorful-is-divine-eyeshadow.html
 Stilla, Lip Glaze (Holly)
Every winter Stilla releases a set of travel size Lip Glazes in limited edition shades in a very great price! That's what I did last winter, and again I wasn't really reaching up for those much.. but then again busy days came and I needed a pop of colour fast and without fuss! Lip Glazes came on very handy, because they're like two in one colour and gloss. Easy and fast! Holy is a great warm shade of red, which I though looked great with variety of different looks!
Read more here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/stilla-lip-glaze-holiday-edition.html
 Revlon, Matte Lisptick. £7.49 (Mauve It Over)
I mention I really enjoyed layering Mary Kay lip gloss didn't I? Well here's what I've layered it over.
Mauve it over being one of my favourite matte lipsticks ever, being paired up with "Pink Sateen" took it to a totally new level. It's such an amazing toned down "your lips, but better" kind of lipstick, it's certainly an essential for every occasion. http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Matte-Lipstick_870980/


Congratulations you've made it into the 2nd category! HAIR & SKIN CARE!
 Umberto Giannini, Glam Hair Morning After Dry Shampoo £5.61
I though me and Batiste Dry Shampoos are forever, that nothing's ever going to change... I was so wrong. This has taken over in the Dry Shampoo department of my life, and well to me things are looking up quite serious. This doesn't just remove the oil from your hair making them look fresh, but also it also has this texture.. well the final effect really does reflect on the name! Highly recommended dry shampoo.
http://www.boots.com/en/Umberto-Giannini-Glam-Hair-Morning-After-Dry-Shampoo_1104352/
 Rich, Curl Enhancing Cream
This has been one of the best discoveries in a REALLY long time. I have naturally curly hair, and to give my curls more even I've been trying out this new heatless curling technique (which I'll be sure to make a blogpost about soon) , and this enhancing cream has just been divine! My curls have never been so shiny and perfect before! I'm sold! I got this baby from TK MAXX, and you my friend needs this in your life!
 St Ives, Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub £4.29
I love my scrubs, and the fact that this one is gentle enough to be used on daily basics makes it a whole lot better! Not forgetting to mention the lovely, fruity apricot scent, which leaves my skin smelling not just beautiful, but also feeling soft as well as clean. It comes in a variety of different kinds, for dry and oily skin!
http://www.boots.com/en/St-Ives-Gentle-Apricot-Facial-Scrub-150ml_1110529/

And last, but not least! RANDOM
This month I have only one treat for you, but it's a big one!
The Vintage Tea Party by Angel Adoree.
I fell in love with this book. I've never had a tea party, and I'm not planing on making one, which basically defeats the object, because this book is a guide for: how to organise a successful tea party. Yet I still felt like walking out from the bookshop without this book would be a mistake. I think I got sold by the pictures and the gorgeous layout! None of the recipes included are vegan or even vegetarian friendly, so no luck in that either..  I still however think if you love vintage things, you'll love this book.. Even if you don't need it, like myself.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Vintage-Tea-Party-Year/dp/1845337255


That's the round up of all my may favourites! Hope you've enjoyed it.
Love,
Cloud x

1 comment:

Search This Blog