I started off sugary, sweet and very saturated, now that I have lost all those qualities I'm left with something which starts to look a little more like me. It's a never-ending process of change.
Stick around?

clooudylemonade@gmail.com

Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Nars, And God Created The Woman Palette

Following my part 1 haul from Brighton (if you haven't seen it click here: http://clooudylemonade.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/make-up-haul-part1-brighton.html), I have a very exciting review of an exclusive product that is Nars (apparently) greatest creation called "And God Created The Woman" palette.

 For the retail price of £40.50 you receive a palette that contains 6 eyeshadows in the shades: Alhambra, Bellisma, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut and Grove as well as a sample size of Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base and eye Shader Brush.

I had time to test this palette out along with all of the extras it comes with in every shape and form, and well I wouldn't say it's worth the hype actually. I don't hate it, but I'm not obsessed with it neither in comparison with other eyeshadows by Nars I own this palette doesn't live up to the expectations. No, no, no I'm not putting you off it, it's STILL pretty damn great, but for the price being if my collection wouldn't be packed with neutral eyeshadow palettes I would much rather pay for the Naked palette.

I'm giving this palette solid 5 lemon points:

Amazing points:
Exceptional pigmentation,
Variety of different finishes from matte to satin and shimmer,
Really good colour pay-off,
You get all the colours you need in order to create a whole lot of neutral eye-shadow looks from day time to night time,
Sleek and elegant packaging with a big, big mirror.

Not so satisfying points:
If you don't own any other neutral palettes this might be a good one to start with, but if you have then this one won't surprise you with uniqueness of the colours,
Texture of some of the eyeshadows especially the shimmery ones is quite chalky, which is a massive shame, because trying out other Nars' eyeshadows I had really high expectations for this palette,
The brush it comes with is MASSIVE and it's such a pain to use, it now became my concealer brush, because I just can't stand to use it on my eyelids,
I find those eyeshadows very hard to blend,
And finally going back to the price of this palette, which is at the end of the day 40 quid and seriously if you need a good neutral palette I would much rather invest in Naked palettes (which I already did, so trust me on this one).

 If still you'd like to consider purchasing this palette click here: http://uk.spacenk.com/AND-GOD-CREATED-THE-WOMAN-PALETTE/MUK200010118,en_GB,pd.html?start=4&cgid=BRANDS&q=makeup
picture 3 shows how much of an effort it was to blend in the dark black'ish shadow

 Unfortunately not worth the hype, have you tried this palette? What did you think? Please let me know!

Love,
Cloud x

2 comments:

  1. this is such a gorgeous palette! on top of that you made a beautiful look ;D AMAZING job!!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want this palette too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog