I started off sugary, sweet and very saturated, now that I have lost all those qualities I'm left with something which starts to look a little more like me. It's a never-ending process of change.
Stick around?

clooudylemonade@gmail.com

Wednesday, 10 July 2013

(mostly) Skin Care Haul featuring Dior, Lush, Clarins, Moroccan Oil

 I can't go a week without shopping, it's been scientifically proven. For my own good I have a blog, which most of the time is my excuse for buying more things, because the word "addiction" hasn't quite sunk in yet.. Well my grandmother always used to say "Whatever cause the illness, should come as a remedy", I'm just following her advices, right?

 So, this July I've decided to seriously invest in some amazing skin care, obviously I'm still purchasing new make up (can't believe you though I've stopped), but mostly my mission is to collect an army of amazing moisturisers, night creams, oils, toners. Great skin is a must! This haul is going to be mostly skin care bits, I have still a lot more to purchase, but I had to begin somewhere!

 I'll begin with what I got from Lush: 
Eau Roma Water, gentle toner (smells like lavender), £7.25 https://www.lush.co.uk/product/140/Eau-Roma-Toner-Water-250g I'm really enjoying this, it feels really hydrating and nourishing on the skin. I'm planning on getting on all of the toners Lush makes and compare then for you, let me know if you'd like to see such post?

Angels on Bare Skin, fresh facial cleanser (it has literally lavender flowers inside, I'm sold), £6.25 https://www.lush.co.uk/product/29/Angels-on-Bare-Skin-Cleanser I'm really positively surprised with this cleanser, I got convinced by those full lavender flowers inside of it. I mean I'm literally washing my face with flowers! Because it's a natural product after washing it off it can make you feel as if you'd be left with a greasy residue, don't worry it's just all of the natural goodness creating wonders on your skin! Angels on Bare Skin has been designed more towards dry skin, however you all beautiful specimen with oily skin don't need to worry, because there's Dark Angles cleanser for oily skin!

 I've also happen to stop by Clarins & Dior counter:

Clarins, Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil for Dehydrated Skin, £30
I've never tried any facial oils, but I was just really intrigued by how they work. I've decided to go for the one designed for Dehydrated skin, the reason being is I have normal to dry skin and I feel like my moisturiser does a great job in providing me with moisture, but I don't have a product which would deliver hydration to my skin. It's working amazing, I'm blown away by how much a drop of this natural oil can do! There's 3 kind of oils to pick from, something for every skin type! http://www.clarins.co.uk/Blue-Orchid-Face-Treatment-Oil-%22Dehydrated-Skin%22/C010401002,en_GB,pd.html
(and then of course I have been given a couple of samples to try out, a night cream and a moisture mask.. I have a bad feeling I might have to repurchase the full size of the night cream)

Dior, Hydra Life BB Eye Crème Enhancing Eye Illuminator - SPF20 PA++, £29.50
Well I have to say Esteé from Essie-Button on youtube has convinced me to buy this, she said little sample of this product has convinced her to purchase the full size straight away.. well if you've read my haul from Brighton you might have an idea how I feel about amazing samples and buying full size product straight after finishing the sample. Long story short, I think it's amazing. Very light on the skin, yet gives you enough of the luminous coverage. The fact that it's packed with all of the skin care benefits and SPF makes it a whole lot better! http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123953984999_-1

Body stuff:

The Body Shop, Papaya Body Butter. I've ran out of all the body butters so I needed a new one! I mean I can't bare the fact of not having Body Butter, so of course I went in to get another one, papaya scent this time! On sale for £6 http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/body-moisturisers/papaya-body-butter.aspx

Korres, Jasmine Body Butter. Korres is just divine, whenever I try something from this brand I get blown away by the effectiveness and quality! Same ingredient list, less product, new packaging http://www.feelunique.com/p/Korres-Jasmine-Body-Butter-150ml £12.50

A little bit for hair:

Moroccan Light Oil Treatment for fine or light coloured hair, £30.45 http://www.lookfantastic.com/moroccanoil-light-treatment-100ml/10387667.html?rcs=bhg
I've had the mini size of this, and fell in love from the first use. I just get all I need from a hair product and more. The texture, smell, effectiveness and the wonders this product does on my bleached ombré hair just divine. I can't get enough of this, by far the best hair product ... EVER!

.. and then I did pop into Boots. I can't explain it.

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Gloss, in Sizzle £7.99 http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-ColorBurst%C2%99-Lipgloss_1209062/ I love the fact that it doesn't have any shimmer, yet still gives you this handful or orange pigment and glossiness.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss, in Kiss me Coral £6.99 http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Super-Lustrous%C2%99-Lipgloss_1331691/ Again, hell of a lot of youtubers just made me love this lipgloss before I even bought it. Regardless, the shade is by far the prettiest from the range. I love layering this over nude lipsticks! I've been wearing Nars' Honolulu Honey and Kiss Me Coral like EVERYDAY.. ooo spoiler alert, you know what's going to be in my July favourites. oops.

Maybelline, Eye Studio Master Shape Brow in Soft Brown x2, £2.99 http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Eye-Studio-Master-Shape-Brow_1279320/
It's sooooo good, the fact that I've fully finished one of those brow pencils in the past is good enough reason to purchase 2 more to have some in case I run out. I love the texture of this, it's kind of waxy which makes it great for keeping your eyebrows at it's place. And the little brush is just the best thing ever! Looooooove it, the only thing I wish it would be more pigmented, for the days I'm wearing light makeup this is fine, but normally I'm more of a strong brow kind of girl so I have to use this in duet with a brow powder.

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner pen Carbon Black Extreme x2, £6
Again got two of these, because Boots was going some kind of offer.. and I just though well you never know. Two eyliners are better then one eyliner. Let's not argue. I sincerely loved my Collection 2000 felt tip eyeliner, but my friend has told me that is one is way better. She's a trustworthy source, so I went ahead and bought two! So far so bloody amazing! I'll keep you all updated.

Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm, £3.70 http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_157037911099_-1
Like make-up, shoes, bags, jewellery, fragrances, skin care, money, clothes and pickles, lip balms are something you can never have enough of. This one had a nice cap, and it was by Burt's Bees. Enough to convince me. Into the serious stuff, this is by far the most moisturising balm I have used in my whole entire life. It's so soft and very conditioning formula instantly makes your lips feel soft and nourished! Ps it's clear, I even got my boyfriend to use it! 


Just to finish things off I bought a book, and finished it within couple of hours. It's a continuation of the Devil Wears Prada novel by Lauren Weisberge called Revenge wears Prada: The devil returns. All I'm going to say for those of you who read the first book and loved it, this isn't nowhere as good. I enjoyed the plot a lot, but I feel like the title is way too dramatic for the content. Let me know your thoughts? £5.99 http://www.whsmith.co.uk/Products/Revenge-Wears-Prada-the-Devil-Returns+Paperback+9780007311019

Be sure to stick around as I have my June favourites coming up very soon, and late!

Love,
Cloud x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog