I started off sugary, sweet and very saturated, now that I have lost all those qualities I'm left with something which starts to look a little more like me. It's a never-ending process of change.
Stick around?

clooudylemonade@gmail.com

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Autumn/ Winter '13 Beauty Trends, Down to Earth Edition

 Today I have something quite different today! As much as I enjoy reading about new trends in beauty & fashion, most of the time I wouldn't put any of those into life. Simply, because they're are ridiculous, and only suitable for the catwalk or I just don't like them. What I'm going to do today is literally translate designer's beauty trends into what I'd call wearable, as well as giving you ideas of products I'd use to recreate the look. Inspired, not copied. Hope you'll enjoy!

 CHANEL 
 
Photo Credits: Go RunWay 
 Matte skin, extremely full brows and plenty of burgundy on the eyes as well as to contour (?!). Chanel's Beauty Trends in a bombshell. You all know how much I love my reds on my eyes; for that I'd recommend Mac's Sketch, Cranberry and if you want to try something softer Swiss Chocolate, which is a brown with a red undertone. Now Chanel paired burgundy eyes and cheeks together, which I think we'll all agree is something only a model on a catwalk would get away with. My pick for those sweet burgundy cheeks would be Pomegranate by Sleek. Want those gorgeous full brows? Urban Decay's Brow Box is your best shot (now in a new packaging) I'm using shade Brown Sugar. As far as matte foundations go regardless of your skin you could either use your regular foundation and then powder (Rimmel Stay Matte) or just use a powder foundation, like I did (Benefit Hello Flawless). 

 DIOR 

Photo Credits: Go RunWay 
 Here is a totally different story, Dior went BIG with glittery lips pink, berry or bronze depending on models skin tone. The best way to achieve this look would be picking a matte lip and then cover it with either loose glitter or glittery eyeliner (I've tried both and none irritated my lips). As a fan of the berry option I've picked Mac's Diva and Collection 2000 Dazzling Gel Liner in Dancing Queen. Eyes were mostly keep simple, with just a sweep of iridescent eyeshadow. Every time I think "iridescent eyeshadow" I think "Aura", "Magic" & "Illusion" those are 3 shades from The Glinda Palette by Urban Decay. 


VERSACE

Photo Credits: Go RunWay 
 Versace went for beautifully illuminated skin, which is something right up my alley. To achieve this gorgeous glowing skin I'd recommend YSL Touche Éclat foundation, or as a drugstore alternative Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation (which I haven't tried, but it get a lot of positive feedback in the beauty community). One of those foundations paired with The Diffused Light Powder by Hourglass, will give you the most illuminating, gorgeous skin on Earth (unfortunately as far as I'm aware Hourglass is a pioneer in the department of very fine illuminating finishing powders). Eyes were the main point of focus, or should I say eyelashes. With the eye make-up being kept into the simplest matte brown shades (you could even use your simple bronzer for this), I've decided to feature Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette as you have quite a few brown shades here. Fake eyelashes wise I would say it comes down into a personal taste, I really enjoy the Eyelure Lashes (which I haven't got  at the moment, but whenever there's a special occasion I always go for those). 

 VALENTINO

Photo Credits: Go RunWay 
 This season's Valentino's Beauty Looks are by far my favourites, and ones I apply to my everyday make-up often. Gorgeous dewy skin, pastel eyeshadows, lightly filled in brows, lash-separating mascara and natural glowing lips are the must-haves for the ultimate fresh-youthful glowing look. In order to achieve it I use Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (alternatively Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum) as a base, for beautiful pastel eyes Too Faced  Summer Eyes Palette is an obvious choice, when I'm seeking those natural defined brows I always reach for Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Soft Brown, followed by my newest addition to my mascara collection Maybelline Rocket Volum', which is fantastic for separating the lashes, finishing off with beautiful natural lips I had to pick Dior Lip Glow. 

 This complete's my interpretation of designer beauty trends. Be absolutely sure to share your opinions with me! 

 Love,
Cloud x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog